Government of Jammu & Kashmir
Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences
A D V E R T I S E M E N T
Notification No. SIMS/Acad/ of 2011
Dated June, 2011.
Applications on prescribed forms are invited from eligible candidates for admission test to the following Postdoctoral (DM/M.Ch) 03 years courses for the session August 2011 at SKIMS (Deemed University) Srinagar with eligibility and number of seats as indicated against each course below:-
Courses and seats:
SNo. Name of the course Seats
01. DM Cardiology 02
02. DM Endocrinology 03
03 DM Gastroenterology 02
04. DM Medical Oncology 02
05. M.Ch Cardio-Vascular & thoracic Surgery 04
06. M.Ch Plastic Surgery 02
07. M.Ch Neurosurgery 02
01. Candidates must possess MBBS Degree recognized by the MCI.
02. DM Cardiology/Gastroenterology/Medical Oncology/Endocrinology: candidates applying for DM Cardiology/Gastroenterology/Medical Oncology/Endocrinology must possess MD degree in Medicine or its equivalent qualification awarded by SKIMS (Deemed University) or by any other university recognized by MCI.
03. Candidates applying for M.Ch Plastic Surgery/Neuro-Surgery/CVTS courses must possess MS degree in General Surgery or its equivalent qualification awarded by SKIMS (Deemed University) or by any other university recognized by MCI.
Method of selection:-
The Entrance Examination shall be conducted in two parts as under:
Part-I: Written Examination: 100 marks
Part-II Practical/Viva voce Examination: 50 marks
Total: 150 marks
The written paper shall comprise of one theory paper with 100 objective type questions (MCQ’s) as per the syllabi mentioned in the Prospectus(Guidelines) in each Postdoctoral course.
Candidates who obtain a minimum of 50% marks in written examination shall only qualify for appearing in the practical examination. In this regard, SKIMS (Deemed University) shall issue a list of candidates scoring 50% and above marks in the written examination.
Practical examination of eligible candidates shall be conducted by the designated Board of Examiners in each course to be nominated/appointed by Dean/Director from the concerned disciplines.
To qualify the Entrance Examination, a candidate must obtain a minimum of 50% marks in theory and 50% marks in practical examination. Selection in each course shall be made as per available number of seats in each discipline on the basis of merit.
How to apply:
The Prospectus (Guidelines for Entrance Examination) alongwith the application form can be had from the office of the Registrar Academics upto 03.07.2011 upto 3 pm. by depositing an application fee of Rs. 1000/= (Rupees One thousand only) in A/C Head CD-183 at J&K Bank SKIMS Soura Srinagar. Applications with requisite documents shall be received in the Academic Section, SKIMS Srinagar upto 05.07.2011.
The candidates are advised to bring all the original documents at the time of submission of application forms.
The application forms together with detailed Prospectus are also available on the SKIMS website www.skims.ac.in.
However, the candidates who will apply in downloaded application forms shall accompany their application forms with a demand draft of Rs. 1000/= (Rupees One thousand only) favorable to FA & CAO SKIMS payable at J&K Bank Branch SKIMS Sours Srinagar.
Note: In-Service candidates shall route their application forms through proper channel.
Date of Entrance Examination:-
10th July, 2011 in the Auditorium Hall SKIMS Soura Srinagar at 2.00 pm.
The courses shall start w.e.f. 01.08.2011.
SIMS/Acad/305 05 /2011-
Dated June, 2011.
Copy to the:-
01. Principal Pvt. Secretary to Hon’ble Chief Minister, Govt. of J&K.
02. Principal Pvt. Secretary to Chief Secretary, Govt.of J&K.
03. Principal Govt. Medical College, Srinagar/Jammu./SKIMS Medical College, Sgr
04. Director Health Services, Kashmir Srinagar/Jammu
05. All concerned Head of Departments, SKIMS.
06. Medical Superintendent SKIMS.
07. Executive Engineer Telecommunication SKIMS with the request to upload the application form alongwith Prospectus on SKIMS website for the convenience of the candidates (copy of application form together with copy of Prospectus is enclosed).
08. Director Doordarshan Kendra Srinagar/Radio Kashmir/Srinagar.
09. The Editor,
- Times of India, New Delhi with the request to publish the Advertisement Notification in specified columns one in your paper:
- Hindustan Times, New Delhi with the request to publish in specified columns once.
- Srinagar Times Sgr. with the request to publish in specified columns once.
- Daily Aftab, Srinagar, with the request to publish in specified columns once.
- Daily Greater Kashmir, Sgr./Kashmir Times Jammu, with the request to publish in specified columns once.
10. Principal Pvt. Sec. to Director /Dean SKIMS for information of Director/Dean
11. Notification file.
12. Notice Board